Friday, June 25, 2010

Back to blogging!

Hello all!

I intend to be back to blogging for real this time. We'll see how long it lasts, but I have decided that writing posts makes me happy, and happiness is important, no?

So! There are many new things to discuss. As of tomorrow, I will have been married for a full year! And what a year it has been... through everything, though, Sze has been amazing. I am so spectacularly fortunate to be able to share my life with my soul mate and my best friend. He's been supportive, he's made me laugh, and he's been the best husband and father anyone could ever ask for.

Among the many things he's supported me in is a new business venture! I've decided to take The Funky Gourmet on the road. I'm going to begin teaching in-home cooking classes for a fee, with menus and curricula tailored to each client I take on. It's really exciting for me, and soon I'll have a snazzy website, thanks to Andrea and Scott at Corgibytes. So, keep your eyes open for more details on that, coming soon!

Kaylee is now five months old, which is astonishing, considering I can't even keep plants alive for that long. She's smiling, babbling, cuting all over creation, and.... learning to crawl. Currently, her mobility consists of a combination of scooting and rolling. It's really cute, but she often ends up under pieces of furniture with no idea of how to get out. That leads to much crying and frustration, but I always come to the rescue and I know she'll get the hang of it soon enough. She has also started eating real food! I'm making her baby food - not really out of any hippie sensibilities. I just like doing it and I have the time. Besides, it really is cheaper. It's good, because she'll eat just about anything. We've given her bananas, pears, peaches, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, carrots, avocados and green beans, and she's eaten all of them with no issues or real complaints. The first feeding of zucchini was a bit of a disaster - I had zucchini in my hair by the time it was all over - but since then, she's settled down and will eat happily, making catastrophic messes with glee.

Other than that, things are sailing rather smoothly. It's summertime, so it's hot and we're very busy, but we've finally settled into a routine that doesn't involve major life changes every two months or so. It's nice. I feel like I'm bored for the first time in a year and a half, and I can't get enough of it.

I had every intention of leaving a recipe, but now I've forgotten what I was going to post, so I suppose that will have to come next time.

Buon Appetito!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did